The Faces of Christmas
Nikon releases new portrait photography series which shines a light on the people who make Christmas happen
Amsterdam, 18th December 2017: An original, festive image series, released today by Nikon, sees German photographer Paloma Parrot travel across Europe to capture the people behind some of the most-loved Christmas traditions.
Showcasing the ability of the NIKKOR lenses, the portrait images focus on the people who work behind the scenes to make Europe’s Christmas celebrations a reality. From one of Lapland’s reindeer handlers to a Christmas tree farmer in Denmark, as well as British stocking and card printers and a German toy maker, the exclusive photography series reveals the skill and artisan craftsmanship of the festive season.
Julie Tuner, rocking horse maker, tacks a mane to a custom-made horse Paloma Parrot: D7500, AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G
Mike Wallace, head baker, stands in front of over 100 of his homemade Christmas cakes Paloma Parrot: D7500, AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G
Jade Downer, card maker, inside her own screen printing studio Paloma Parrot: D7500, AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR
Upi Virkkula, reindeer keeper, with his herd at feeding time Paloma Parrot: D7500, AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR
Commenting on her series, Paloma Parrott said: ‘As a portrait photographer I’m looking for equipment that delivers phenomenally accurate subject recognition and superior performance, with the freedom and ability to convey my subject’s story from just one camera body and lens. Both of the lenses I used on this shoot offered the flexibility to capture intimate portraits, while placing these people at the heart of their working environments to visualise their roles in the making of Christmas.’
Paloma Parrot shot the images using Nikon’s new flagship DX-format DSLR, the D7500, and the following NIKKOR lenses:
• AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR: This high-performance, compact, all-round DX zoom lens easily covers wide-angle to telephoto zoom ranges, making it suitable for most shooting situations – from intimate portraits to travel photography. Nikon’s impressive Vibration Reduction keeps images sharp, while the lens’ lightweight body balances well on the camera
• AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G This prime 50mm wide-aperture lens has a large maximum aperture of f/1.4 which is ideal for low-light shooting or when a shallow depth of field is required. It also features Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for fast, quiet autofocus
Photographers who are inspired by the ‘Faces of Christmas’ series, and want to experiment and develop their portrait photography can take advantage of a cashback promotion on the NIKKOR lenses feature in the campaign here.
Please see below for more information about the ‘faces’ of Christmas featured in the campaign, which includes details of their involvement in delivering the festive traditions.
About Paloma Parrot
Paloma Parrot is a German photographer based in Dortmund. She has been sharing her perspective behind the lens for over 20 years. She is known for her minimal, graphic style and obeys the mantra that ‘’less is always more’’.
For more information about Nikon’s award-winning products please visit www.europe-nikon.com.
- NIKON ENRICHIT SA GAMME D’OBJECTIFS NIKKOR Z AVEC UN ZOOM POLYVALENT AU FORMAT DX
- NIKON PRÉSENTE DEUX NOUVELLES JUMELLES MONARCH QUI DONNENT VIE À LA BEAUTÉ DE LA NATURE
- Exprimez votre créativité avec le plus petit objectif Z plein format à ce jour !
- NIKON DÉCROCHE QUATRE PRIX AUX EISA AWARDS 2021-2022
- NIKON LANCE TROIS NOUVEAUX TÉLÉMÈTRES QUI VOUS AIDERONT À VOUS SURPASSER
- NIKON DÉVELOPPE UN NOUVEAU ZOOM DE GRANDE AMPLITUDE POUR SA SÉRIE Z
- NIKON PRÉSENTE L’APPAREIL PHOTO HYBRIDE NIKON Z fc
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear et ARUP annoncent les membres du jury du concours Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021
- NIKON ANNONCE LE LANCEMENT DE NX FIELD, UN NOUVEAU SYSTÈME DE PRISE DE VUE À DISTANCE POUR LES PROFESSIONNELS
- Nikon élargit sa gamme dʼobjectifs à monture Z avec le NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 et le NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2