NIKON PARTNERS WITH NOOR FOR 2018 REPORTAGE AND MASTERCLASSES
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1st April 2018: Nikon and NOOR are teaming up again in 2018, to support the Amsterdam-based collective of documentary photographers in telling the stories that need to be told. Nikon provides cameras and lens equipment for long-term NOOR projects that highlight causes of global concern. This collaboration also brings their expertise to aspiring documentary photographers throughout Europe via the Nikon-NOOR Academy training.
NOOR group projects supported by Nikon include Climate Change, covering the issues arising from environmental changes and rising sea levels in two chapters - Consequences and Solutions. Their Modern Day Slavery group project investigates human trafficking and the worldwide slave trade still in action today.
The Nikon-NOOR Academy launched its 2018 season with spring trainings in Poland, Sweden and Belgium and further dates will be announced for later in the year. Each masterclass will enrol 15 participants in each location, working closely with leading photojournalists to hone their portfolios. Participants will be guided to improve their image sequencing and visual storytelling, and learn essential skills for working in the field and selling their stories. NOOR tutors offer insights from their work around the world on topics of social change, conflict and environmental issues. Nikon sponsors the Academy to ensure that tuition is free to all attendees, to encourage talented young documentary photographers and give a boost to their careers.
Michel du Croix, Nikon Europe’s General Manager – Customer Experience Department said:
“Nikon is proud of the contribution its collaboration with NOOR makes in documenting vital issues and inspiring new generation of photographers through the Nikon-NOOR Academy. We’re committed to giving back to the photography community by supporting compelling and thought-provoking reportage and sharing expertise with up-and-coming photojournalists.”
For further information see:
- NIKON ENRICHIT SA GAMME D’OBJECTIFS NIKKOR Z AVEC UN ZOOM POLYVALENT AU FORMAT DX
- NIKON PRÉSENTE DEUX NOUVELLES JUMELLES MONARCH QUI DONNENT VIE À LA BEAUTÉ DE LA NATURE
- Exprimez votre créativité avec le plus petit objectif Z plein format à ce jour !
- NIKON DÉCROCHE QUATRE PRIX AUX EISA AWARDS 2021-2022
- NIKON LANCE TROIS NOUVEAUX TÉLÉMÈTRES QUI VOUS AIDERONT À VOUS SURPASSER
- NIKON DÉVELOPPE UN NOUVEAU ZOOM DE GRANDE AMPLITUDE POUR SA SÉRIE Z
- NIKON PRÉSENTE L’APPAREIL PHOTO HYBRIDE NIKON Z fc
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear et ARUP annoncent les membres du jury du concours Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021
- NIKON ANNONCE LE LANCEMENT DE NX FIELD, UN NOUVEAU SYSTÈME DE PRISE DE VUE À DISTANCE POUR LES PROFESSIONNELS
- Nikon élargit sa gamme dʼobjectifs à monture Z avec le NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 et le NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2