MEET THE CAMERA THAT THINKS IT’S A TELESCOPE. THE COOLPIX P1000 MEGAZOOM
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 10th July 2018: Nikon introduces the all-new COOLPIX P1000, the world’s only compact camera to boast a 125x optical zoom.¹ From moonscapes to wildlife and distant aircraft, users can capture subjects that were out of reach—until now.
This extraordinary 16 MP camera makes capturing amazing photos and movies easy. The 125x optical zoom offers the world’s biggest zoom range of 24–3000mm.¹ ² And the 250x Dynamic Fine Zoom digitally extends the upper limit to an incredible 6000 mm.² ³ That’s enough zoom power to capture craters on the moon.
A bright f/2.8 NIKKOR lens delivers superb results in low light. Nikon’s advanced lens technologies minimise distortion for remarkably sharp images, even when shooting at ultra-high-telephoto focal lengths. RAW support lets photographers save and export uncompressed image files to their processing/editing programme of choice. And movie shooters can record super-telephoto 4K/UHD video footage: perfect when filming distant wildlife in their natural habitat.
Ines Bernardes, product manager at Nikon Europe, comments: “If you want to capture photos of a supermoon or film hatchlings leaving the nest, the COOLPIX P1000 is for you. The incredible wide-angle to super-telephoto zoom range means you have the freedom to take in the whole scene, or zoom in on the tiniest details. This compact megazoom is also less than a quarter of the weight of a DSLR camera with super-telephoto lens attached, which makes it great for hiking or travelling.”
Summary of key features
- Ultra-high zoom. The sky is no longer the limit. Shoot with a 125x optical zoom (24–3000mm) and 250x Dynamic Fine Zoom (6000 mm).² ³
- Jaw-dropping shots. The bright f/2.8 NIKKOR lens, 16 MP sensor, EXPEED image processor, and RAW support combine to deliver sharp results.
- Super-telephoto 4K movies. Easily record 4K/UHD 30p footage, or Full HD (1080p) video at frame rates of up to 60p. Film in stereo sound and benefit from clean HDMI out.
- Steady images. Dual Detect Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) counters the effects of camera shake for sharper stills and movies. VR Active mode delivers a more stable viewfinder and monitor image.
- Any angle. The bright 3.2-in 921k-dot LCD monitor can be tilted and twisted in almost any direction.
- Smooth zoom control. A large grip and a side zoom-control ease handling. A snap-back zoom button instantly retracts the lens from super-telephoto to a wider angle, making it easy to pick up subjects that have moved out of shot.
- Perfect results. RAW support lets users save and export uncompressed image files to processing/editing programs.
- Share the wonder. SnapBridge connectivity lets users sync photos to a smart device as they shoot. SnapBridge also makes it possible to use the smart device to shoot remotely.
¹ As of 10th July 2018
² 35mm equivalent
³ Magnification of Dynamic Fine Zoom is calculated from the maximum wide-angle position of the optical zoom.
Nikon’s SnapBridge application must be installed on a compatible smart device before SnapBridge can be used with this camera.
- NIKON ENRICHIT SA GAMME D’OBJECTIFS NIKKOR Z AVEC UN ZOOM POLYVALENT AU FORMAT DX
- NIKON PRÉSENTE DEUX NOUVELLES JUMELLES MONARCH QUI DONNENT VIE À LA BEAUTÉ DE LA NATURE
- Exprimez votre créativité avec le plus petit objectif Z plein format à ce jour !
- NIKON DÉCROCHE QUATRE PRIX AUX EISA AWARDS 2021-2022
- NIKON LANCE TROIS NOUVEAUX TÉLÉMÈTRES QUI VOUS AIDERONT À VOUS SURPASSER
- NIKON DÉVELOPPE UN NOUVEAU ZOOM DE GRANDE AMPLITUDE POUR SA SÉRIE Z
- NIKON PRÉSENTE L’APPAREIL PHOTO HYBRIDE NIKON Z fc
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear et ARUP annoncent les membres du jury du concours Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021
- NIKON ANNONCE LE LANCEMENT DE NX FIELD, UN NOUVEAU SYSTÈME DE PRISE DE VUE À DISTANCE POUR LES PROFESSIONNELS
- Nikon élargit sa gamme dʼobjectifs à monture Z avec le NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 et le NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2