NIKON PHOTO CONTEST 2018-2019: CALL FOR ENTRIES
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 23rd October 2018: Nikon is pleased to announce that entries for the Nikon Photo Contest 2018-2019 will be accepted from 6:00 a.m. October 18, 2018 until 5:00 a.m. on January 31, 2019 (all dates and times CET).
Nikon Photo Contest is an international competition that aims to provide an opportunity for professional and amateur photographers to communicate, as well as to enrich photographic culture. Since the first Contest was held in 1969, more than 410,000 photographers have submitted over 1,620,000 entries. Last year, the 36th Contest broke new records, with more photographers (21,511) from more countries (170) submitting more entries (76,356) than ever before.
Neville Brody once again selected as Lead Judge
Nikon welcomes Art Director Neville Brody as Lead Judge for the Nikon Photo Contest 2018-2019 for a second consecutive term.
Brody's work spans more than three decades, ranging from album sleeves to corporate branding for global businesses, and is influential among a wide variety of artists and photographers. He was selected as the Lead Judge once again based on his ability to work with a diverse and international judging panel, as well as his popularity with last year’s contestants.
Neville Brody comments: “Having served as the Lead Judge for the Nikon Photo Contest 2016-2017, I found the experience to be amazing and inspiring. The entries were phenomenal, and the passion with which the judges approached discussing the work was really emotive. It was a very rewarding experience, and I want to thank all of the entrants who submitted work last year. I'm looking forward to an even more passionate, inspiring event this year.’
Additional judges will be announced as they are appointed.
Nikon Photo Contest 2018-2019 Category Overview
The 37th Nikon Photo Contest will be comprised of three categories—Open, Next Generation, and Short Film.
The theme for the Open category is "Change". Living in a time of significant change – from work, to lifestyles and the climate – Nikon is calling for entries that express the changes that photographers want to share with the world.
The theme of the Next Generation category, open to photographers aged 25 and younger, is "Identity" – and Nikon is looking for to entries unique to younger generations that explore who they are.
The Short Film category theme is "Hope", for which Nikon awaits entries that shine a hopeful light on the future.
Eligibility & Entries
The Contest is open to all professional and amateur photographers, regardless of age, gender, or nationality.
For more information on the categories, submission rules, judging process, as well as awards and prizes please visit the website: http://www.nikon-photocontest.com/en/
The winners of the Nikon Photo Contest 2018-2019 will be announced at an awards ceremony in August 2019.
- NIKON ENRICHIT SA GAMME D’OBJECTIFS NIKKOR Z AVEC UN ZOOM POLYVALENT AU FORMAT DX
- NIKON PRÉSENTE DEUX NOUVELLES JUMELLES MONARCH QUI DONNENT VIE À LA BEAUTÉ DE LA NATURE
- Exprimez votre créativité avec le plus petit objectif Z plein format à ce jour !
- NIKON DÉCROCHE QUATRE PRIX AUX EISA AWARDS 2021-2022
- NIKON LANCE TROIS NOUVEAUX TÉLÉMÈTRES QUI VOUS AIDERONT À VOUS SURPASSER
- NIKON DÉVELOPPE UN NOUVEAU ZOOM DE GRANDE AMPLITUDE POUR SA SÉRIE Z
- NIKON PRÉSENTE L’APPAREIL PHOTO HYBRIDE NIKON Z fc
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear et ARUP annoncent les membres du jury du concours Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021
- NIKON ANNONCE LE LANCEMENT DE NX FIELD, UN NOUVEAU SYSTÈME DE PRISE DE VUE À DISTANCE POUR LES PROFESSIONNELS
- Nikon élargit sa gamme dʼobjectifs à monture Z avec le NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 et le NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2