DECISIVE POWER. FASTER WORKFLOW. ABSOLUTE RELIABILITY. THE NIKON D6.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands 12 February 2020: Today Nikon unveils its new flagship DSLR: the D6. From hard news to international sports, this phenomenal full-frame camera answers the demands of professionals who don’t want to leave nothing to chance.
With Nikon’s most powerful AF system yet and fast in-camera connections for real-time image transfer, the D6 lets pros create and deliver without constraint. The new AF engine is faster than ever before. An arrangement of 105 all-selectable cross-type sensors with 1.6x higher density coverage than the D5 takes precision to another level. Add unparalleled tracking performance even under the toughest lighting conditions imaginable, and next-level subject acquisition. An increased range of selectable Group-Area AF patterns let users optimise AF setup for any job and nail more clean shots of the action.
In-camera connections enable the fastest transfer speeds in the field, and don’t slow down while shooting. Streamlined workflows offer more ways to select and prioritise key shots for transfer, giving photographers the edge when every second counts. The camera’s high-resolution displays now offer improved visibility and readability, and the D6 retains the robust body that made the D5 such a firm favourite among pros.
Dirk Jasper, Product Manager, Nikon Europe, says: “The D6 is a phenomenal successor to the Nikon D5. Nikon’s new flagship improves on its forebear with industry-defining AF and versatile connectivity. You can’t control the action, the lighting, or the environment. But you can control the D6, and this DSLR will deliver incredible shots of defining moments—without fail.”
Summary of key features
• Industry defining 105-field AF. 105 all-selectable cross-type sensors with AF sensitivity down to -4.5 EV at the central focus point, and -4 EV at all other points. Group-Area AF with more custom settings for unparalleled tracking. An improved scene recognition system for next-level subject acquisition.
• Nail the winning shot. The D6 lets users define the focus starting point when shooting in Auto-Area AF and prioritise focusing on a subject’s eyes when using Auto-Area AF or 3D tracking.
• Extreme precision and speed. Harness burst rates up to 14 fps with full AF/AE, or up to 10.5 fps with AE tracking in Silent Photography mode.
• Flagship image quality. F-mount lenses. 20.8 MP full-frame CMOS sensor. EXPEED 6 image processor. 180K-pixel RGB sensor. Wide ISO 100–102400 range, extendable to ISO 3280000 and all the way down to ISO 50.
• Fast in-camera connections. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and built-in GPS. The camera’s wired LAN supports 1000BASE-T standard and achieves approx. 15 % faster communication than the acclaimed D5.
• 0.72x optical viewfinder with OLED elements. Enables pin-sharp confirmation over a wide field of view, without delay. Roll and pitch indicators display in the viewfinder.
• Simplified workflow. More ways to check, select, and transfer key shots via the sharp and precise 3.2 ” touch-sensitive monitor. Key shots can be sent to the top of the queue when transferring images to a PC via wired LAN or via the camera’s Wi-Fi connection.
• Versatile card slots. Dual card slots accept XQD and CFexpress cards—the fastest cards available today. Benefit from fast read, write and transfer speeds.
• Ergonomic advancements. Higher-resolution displays offer improved visibility and readability. Key ports are easily accessible, even when shooting with a wireless transmitter attached.
• Tough and secure. The robust body is ready to take on any environment and the D6 is compatible with trusted Kensington locks.
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear et ARUP dévoilent les membres du jury pour le concours Environmental Photographer of the Year 2022
- Nikon s’associe à CIWEM et WaterBear pour présenter le concours Environmental Photographer of the Year 2022
- NIKON PRÉSENTE LA TOUTE DERNIÈRE MISE À JOUR DU FIRMWARE POUR LE Z 9
- ALLEZ PLUS LOIN, PLUS LONGTEMPS AVEC LE NOUVEAU NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S
- NIKON LANCE LE Z 30, SON MEILLEUR APPAREIL PHOTO POUR LES VLOGGERS
- POUR TOUTES LES AVENTURES. NIKON ANNONCE DEUX NOUVEAUX MODÈLES DE JUMELLES PROSTAFF.
- NIKON TRIOMPHE AUX TIPA WORLD AWARDS 2022 AVEC TROIS VICTOIRES
- NIKON REMPORTE CINQ PRIX RED DOT, DONT LE « BEST OF THE BEST » POUR LE Z 9
- NIKON LANCE LA VERSION 1.2.0 DU SYSTÈME DE PRISE DE VUE À DISTANCE NX FIELD POUR AGENCES PHOTOGRAPHIQUES PROFESSIONNELLES
- Nikon développe la poignée télécommande MC-N10 pour le système de monture Z de Nikon